Monday 14 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge

Have you heard of it? If you're a music lover and a facebooker, it might be worth a look. I really enjoyed it! It got me thinking, and made me remember some forgotten tracks and times. My sister and I took part, and I took a couple of looks on the group page too, so that I could nosey at other people's choices and discover new music. Each day of March (or any other 30 day month I guess, if you want to start afresh in April...) we had to provide a different song under the guidelines given. I felt I ought to give you my reasons too, in the interests of completeness, ofcourse! Here are my choices:

day 01 - your favourite song  Reef- Place Your Hands Ask me in 5 minutes and I may decide that this comes second or third to something else, but its a pretty fab tune, and gives me smily-itus.
day 02 - your least favourite song Arthur Brown- Fire Urghh! Not a fan of any cheese-dream-weird songs that sound anything like psychodelic. Hate the opening to this track, and vaguely recall being freaked by the video when I was younger...
day 03 - a song that makes you happy Jack Johnson- Banana Pancakes Love it. Its summer, and I'm having a a lazy Snuggle-Sunday, and there are pancakes when I hear this song. Bliss.
day 04 - a song that makes you sad Queen- No one But You (Only the Good Die Young) I love it, but I find the lyrics chilling, and all I can think of is Freddie...
day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone Beach Boys- Good Vibrations I will have to tell you all about my fantastic late Uncle another time. Bless him. He sang this in the car once, and attempted all of the top notes. Love him to pieces, still.
day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere Greenday- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) Results day, University (a place where I was actually quite unhappy) This is a really nice memory- a couple of guys with guitars on the hill, taking requests and playing songs like this, while we waited to hear if we had made it.
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event Stornaway- Zorbing Ahh, my first date with my lovely fella. We escaped from absolute sheets of rain into the corner of a gorgeous little restaurant, to have a hot chocolate, and this was playing- we were both struck by it, and had to know who and what it was. Its a special album.
day 08 - a song that you know all the words to Oasis- Wonderwall I havent' tried recently, but I think I really do!
day 09 - a song that you can dance to Kylie Minogue- Spinning Around It ought to be noted that I just can't dance- but this makes me want to try.
day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep I Monster- Daydream In Blue Please ignore the odd lyrics, and step back in time to when it was first released. I had never heard anything like it, and have loved it since. Relax-ment.
day 11 - a song from your favourite band Kasabian- Underdog If I was ever to be a WAG, it would be to one of these gorgeous men- who can do no wrong, musically. Awesome band live too.
day 12 - a song from a band you hate U2- With or Without You 'You can't hate U2!' I hear you say. I reply 'Please do not attack me with sharp objects- I just don't get them!!!' I couldn't think of a band I actually hated, but I really don't like this one.
day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure Girls Aloud- Love Machine I'm unashamed. I'm usually a guy-and-guitar, and grunge-lover, but occasionally I love a bit of pop, and I really wanna be in Girls Aloud!
day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love All Saints- Under The Bridge I'm REALLY sorry. Genuinely. Sorry to all of my fellow Chili Fans especially- I have let you down! I apologise profusely, but I've just always liked this version as an alternative- some of the vocals are so pretty! I'll go hide myself away in a cupboard!



I'll get back to you with the others nearer the end of the month. If you're wondering why number 15 is missing, those of you that like things to be in equal halves, its because I'm finding that one really difficult to decide on! Catch you later.


xxx

3 comments:

  1. I saw a facebook friend doing this and thought it was interesting. I've enjoyed looking at your choices.

    I don't think I could do it though - I think I would struggle to think of a song for some items on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate U2!! I can't stand his voice and Bono seems such a kn*b! Elevation's the worst though with its annoying whooo-oo bits - ugh!

    Phew I feel better knowing I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed reading your choices. They're all so great and so personal.

    I don't like U2 either. Agree with Lucy about Bono. Rubbish! x

    ReplyDelete